Old January 4th 07, 07:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Looking for cheap entry-level skate skis 205cm+

Jan Gerrit Klok wrote:
No 100kg skier is going to accomplish anything in top level racing, because
skis don't exist for him. Racing is close, not to the disadvantage of the
strong, but for those with slow skis.
Please educate me and tell me wrong, because I really do want to believe I
do not have a disadvantage coming into this sport being really tall and
potentially heavy once race-fit.
"Best" I can find : a 194cm skate ski, also used by much shorter and lighter

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/tor...Iversen/604794

Trond Iversen is 6'4", 90kg. And he's a badass, if you ask me. There
are larger classic skiers from earlier times, but since skating is
where your interest is, and modern equipment is what you have to choose
from, I chose Trond as an example of a large guy who does well.

He is "only" 90kg, but I suspect that were he a hobby skier who spent
as much time on Usenet as we do, he might well be 100kg. In other
words, most of us who are 100kg, could be 90kg if we had to be.

Your size is not an issue Jan! So, are you coming to Norway anytime
soon? ;-)

Joseph