Old January 4th 07, 07:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Looking for cheap entry-level skate skis 205cm+

wrote:
All right, the subject says it all, mostly. I am a big guy 6'3" and 220
lbs. I have classic skis and have enjoyed them for two seasons. This
year I would like to give skating a shot. I've been searching around
for a decent pair of used skis, but am having a hard time finding ones
long enough for me. So, I figured I'd post here and see if anyone may
know of someone looking to unload some rock skis or may have a used
pair laying around. I am planning on buying boots, bindings and poles,
so just the skis are cool.

I am located in the Minneapolis area.

Thanks for any leads, people!

Perhaps you are looking for skis that are too long and/or do not exist?

I am 6'3", 220 lbs and Oslosportslager (a top shop in Oslo, Norway) put
me on 195 Madshus. They had to measure a few pairs to find some stiff
enough, but it wasn't really a problem. If you start looking for 195's
I'll bet you'll find something.

Good luck!

Joseph