Old October 7th 03, 10:18 PM
J999w

Default Rollerskier in Fairbanks ticketed

We used to have all kinds of trouble here in Wisconsin. Some guys used to carry
a copy of the law in their pocket in case they were pulled over. I don't think
it's been much of a problem in the last 5 years as long as you behave yourself
and ski single file, and stay out of the way.

The only time I had trouble was while almost cresting a steep climb, probably a
half dozen pushes from the top, I hear BEEP BEEP BEEP behind. I mutter a few
curse words to myself as I struggle over the top (who's going to pass on a
blind up hill anyway???) .... WHIRRRRR WHOOP WHOOOP !!!

Yup, officer friendly couldn't pass on the blind uphill and got mad. Beet red,
spittin', and a big 'ol vein popping out of the side of his neck, he gives us
the lecture "what the heck do we think we're doing out here in HIS county on
HIS roads so early on a sunday morning blocking traffic ???!!". (yeah, all
these soy farmers are having a hard time getting to their fields at 8am
sunday).

He give his lecture, we played 'yes sir' and all continued on their way. No
tickets involved.

John Wilke
Milwaukee