Old September 25th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated

Default Skiing in Austria -Innsbruck need help with planning

Hi everybody

I am planning a skiing trip to Austria and I need some opinion about
this. Any help will be much appreciated.

My plan is to fly to Munich or Vienna from Toronto. From there I want
to rent a car and to drive to the place where I will be staying.

Period 16 Dec-23 Dec 2006, one person.
I am intermediate (I had no problems at Whistler on the blue rated
trails)
I would like to drive around every day and to try a different trail
each day(or area with trails).

I had a short look at Innsbruk and the slopes around and it seems to be
OK. I need some advice from those of you who went there before. I need
to know if the trails are OK for my skills, I would like to know if it
is worth renting a car (I heard that there is a shuttle that takes you
to the slopes) I need some recommendations regarding a place to stay (
I do not need much confort, shower, one bed and a table to take a meal
are enough- internet and TV will be considered luxury :-) ). I still
need privacy so a dormitory is out of question.
I don't know Innsbruk at all of course, I guess I am not wrong if I
assume that a city of that size would have a big store where you can
buy all your groceries and food so you can not depend on food provided
by hotels and restaurnats. I am planning a budget vacation so this
really counts.

I also heard that the skiing pass covers the area not a specific trail
? How much does it cost ?
Any recommendations or links to sites that I can use to plan this
vacation are usefull. please don't hesitate to post them. (renting a
car, booking my acommodation..this are things that I am working on)

One more question: I believe that the snow will not be a problem for
that time of the year. Am I wrong ?

Thanks to everybody
NP

PS I decided to go to Innsbruck because of the scennery. Any other
suggestions regarding this ?