Old February 5th 13, 02:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
gr[_4_]

Default Wet Snow

On 2/3/2013 8:30 PM, Ben Kaufman wrote:
On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 12:55:22 -0500, gr
wrote:

On 1/30/2013 8:05 PM, Neil wrote:
I would tend to agree with you, fish scales or noisy and slow. and I
have had the experience of them balling up in wet soft snow. However,
I'm sure you always get the wax right but I don't but I tend to ski with
companions who use fish scales. It is difficult to ask them to stop all
the time while you fiddle with your waxes. By the way what are rock skis?

Swix liquid F4 goes a long way to stopping the fish scales from
gathering clumps. I solved the "getting the grip wax right" problem by
using Start Grip Tape (self adjusting to temperature -4F to ~30F (and
maybe higher)).

Do you know if the grip tape be put over warn out fish scales?

Ben

Don't know, might work ok, but not smooth.......... hmmmm........ if you
sanded most or all the fishscale off, it would work rather nice I think.