Old December 23rd 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default Polarized Snowboard Goggles

On Dec 22, 10:09*am, Christopher Cox
wrote:
Tough one.

How much expendable income do you have....:-)

I have found polarized lens do help you see features in gray lighted
days and when they are blowing snow. I wear them even during night
riding. It makes for dim lighting, but you will not miss a feature.

But the Oakley A Frames with polarized lenses are outrageously
expensive. You will be spending an additional $170 over your Smith's to
purchase them. For that kind of money, you could buy several types of
goggles for varying conditions!

Yes, I own a pair of A Frame's with polarized lenses, as does my son.

They do fit over my glasses rather nicely.

But the cost still makes me wonder why I purchased them, I actually feel
guilty about the purchase.

Chris

Which polarized Oakley lens do you have that you say is good for the
low/flat light conditions?
Have you compared them to the same color lens without the
polarization?

If they really help significantly, then I would consider getting them.

Tmuld wrote:
Hello,

I need a new pair of snowboard goggles.

Bright days - things are pretty good, however cloudy or flat light
situations sort of suck with my $29.99 Smith goggles with the orange
tint - but otherwise quite good.

Are polarized lens going to help?

Suggestions on a good pair of snowboard goggles and/or info on
polarized lens?

Thanks,

Tmuld.- Hide quoted text -