Old November 15th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Binding mounting location on twin tip park skiis for skiing powder

wrote:
On Nov 14, 2:31 pm, Kurt Knisely wrote:
Walt wrote in news:13jmplbnlrbnj26
@corp.supernews.com:

You're only
going to be skiing powder 20% of the time anyway, and that's if you're
lucky. Even if you're skiing powder 100% of the time (yeah, right) you
don't want to be too far back.

Speak for yerself, bucko.

(pins on chord center, but that doesn't help)

-K

Thanks gents. I have to agree with K that you can definitely speak for
yourself on the 20% of time spent in powder Walt! To be honest, I
don't get up nearly as often as I would like but when I do, it is
usually for some fresh stuff. Nonetheless, I appreciate the feedback.
I have been wondering myself whether I need to be as concerned as I am
about being back on the skiis. Hence the discussion!

K, is your bracketed comment some kind of code language response to my
question or shall I just ignore it?! "Pins on chord center"?

Before manufacturers started marking their preferred point for mounting
(and it varies - some mark boot mid and some boot toe) there were two
methods for locating mount points - chord center (center of chord
distance from tip of shovel to end of tail running surface) and running
surface midpoint. i believe bindings were mounted so that the ball of
the foot was over these points. In other words, people used to do what
they wanted. I've done some playing around having bindings deliberately
off-mounted but with some modern bindings you can now slide the whole
show fore and aft. I'd suggest getting some of those and experimenting
with location.