Old September 5th 05, 10:19 AM
Anders

Terje Mathisen wrote:

Leaving High school, starting army service: 55 Kg
Leaving army after one year draft: 58 Kg (added 3+ Kg mucle mass probably=

?)

Unless the "military experience" for a Norwegian conscript differed
greatly from that of a Finn, that probability depended very much on
what your military specialty was, didn=B4t it?:-)

A combination of increased testosterone secretion and military meals
would often result in a few extra kilograms of lean muscle mass in a
year, but a combination of the duties of, say, a company clerk and
those famous canteen doughnuts certainly could result in an observable
amount of flab in a few months.

(Please note that I=B4m more inclined to believe that you skied up and
down those mountains carrying an enormous backpack...)

Today, 28 years and two (currently) teenaged kids later, I'm still 58.5
+/- 0.5 Kg.

A few less years, but my stats are similar: 61-64-65kg.

These days I'm taking cholesterol medication due to hereditary heart
problems, and the only serious side effect (which the doctor warned me
of) was that it would make it harder to get rid of lactic acid buildup,
i.e. uphills would/could be significantly tougher.

Well, as they say: "You had your day in the limelights!" Maybe even
two:-)

BTW some people have had fairly good results with Benecol (naturally
together with a proper diet and exercise) and have been able to either
drop (naturally after consultation with their doctor) their medication
or to reduce the dosage.

Well, they sure are. :-(

Just out of curiosity (and on a general plan): should you suddenly get
an urge to become as competitive as you could be, would dropping the
medication for a short period do the trick or would your training be so
severely compromised that you=B4d still be handicapped?

Anders