Old December 27th 10, 06:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
EdV[_2_]

Default SNS Bindings Hard to Open after Skiing

On Dec 24, 12:25*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:42:53 -0800 (PST)

EdV wrote:
Hi,
* *I need some help with binding maintenance (I guess). *My skis have
Salomon SNS backcountry *bindings and one of them is very hard to
release after skiing. *Is it just a matter of lubricating the
regularly or do they need to be disassembled and cleaned
periodically?

Manual or auto? *Leaving aside snow sticking inside, my experience
with these bindings is that there's not much to clean, it's a matter of
lubricating once or twice a year, at most. If you've taken any falls,
the boot pin or binding connection could have gotten slightly bent and
that could cause such problems. *You might also ask over at
rec.skiing.backcountry.

Gene

Thanks! A little lubrication fixed 'em right up.