Old November 2nd 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.snowboard,rec.skiing.backcountry
Walt

Default Solitude - good deal when backcountry skiing?

Sandi M. wrote:

Walt,

thanks for all the hints!
Just one last thing: can you recommend some lodging in the Ogden area in
case we'll go skiing (hope we will!) in Powder Mountain?

Sorry, but I've never even been to Ogden or Powder Mt. The scuttlebutt
among the locals is that it's a good place, but I haven't made it there
myself yet. From what I understand, it's only an hour and change away
from SLC (modulo traffic and weather), so you should be able to do it as
a day trip from wherever you're staying in the city.

//Walt