Old November 2nd 06, 07:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.snowboard,rec.skiing.backcountry
Sandi M.

Default Solitude - good deal when backcountry skiing?

Thanks for your help! Got the Solitude pass for 6 days now to get used to
the conditions there and then.. well... let's see (but the hint with the
bar and the beer seems to be good...). BTW: If anybody fells like showing
us around (3 Germans, one Austrian guy) for a couple of beers- let me know!

And: I hope that this was a good teaching for everybody who thought about
going out there without the proper equipment and the knowledge as well.

Thanks,
Sandi

Sandi M. wrote:
Me and some friends are going to SLC around 20. December for 2-3 weeks
for skiing/snowboarding.

As we wanna do some off-piste/backcountry skiing (is there a difference
btw? Is offpiste patrolled and backcountry not? Sorry, might be
different in Europe) and on a shoestring as well, we we're thinking
about getting the Deal at Solitude: 6 days for $36/each

So do you think it's worth it? I mean will we get an easy access to the
lifts when we ski down? Honeycomb? Or is it better to get single ride
tickets (I know they got those at Brighton)?
What about the other resorts around (even in the north like Powder
Mountain)? Does somebody have a better suggestion than Solitude?

Thanks, Sandi