Old May 9th 05, 01:21 AM
lonerider

ihm wrote:

I ended up buying a 147 NS Infinity, the girly version of the SL.

Yes the Neversummer freestyle boards tend to be less "damp" meaning
that if you try to charge through or turn on choppy, sloppy snow... you
will get a bit of bounced ride.

When I wash out going fast, it's on the downhill ramp, almost towards
the middle of the ramp.

You sound like you have figured out how to judge how much need you need
to clear a jump then... good job! That is one of the most important
skills to have and makes takeoffs and clearing the jump much more
relaxing.

Hmmm, it's possible that I could be trying to turn as soon as I try

land on certain jumps, cause I'm trying to break the speed, I think
that's part of the the problem.

But there are other jumps, it feels like my legs are like jello and
couldn't absorb the force of the landing.

Yea, if you turn as soon as you land you will have a tendency to push
the residual energy of your landing (you legs will often be down while
you upper body is still coming down) into your turn and wash out -
hence why you need to run flat for a moment to re-center yourself over
your board. This probably will fix the "washing out part". When you
legs are "jelly" and you can't absorb the force of the landing, my
second guess is that your legs are too straight. If your legs are
straight and you knees are locked, your muscles aren't tensed and they
will not react fast enough to hold your body up when you land.

As you land, you should be extending you legs and literally "stomping"
on the ground (hence why they call it "stomping" a landing). This
stomping motion pre-tenses you leg muscles and prepares them to absorb
the force of the landing.

Hoep that helps,
--Arvin