Old October 30th 04, 11:55 PM
AH

"uglymoney" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:17:34 GMT, "AH" wrote:

Hi all..

I am going to be skiing at Alta/Snowbird on the 6th and 7th of December,
then driving on the 8th to Heavenly and skiing there for 2 days... Map
point
says that it will take about 9 hours, which is fine..

However, what I didn't realise is that this motorway is pretty "high"
(asl)
and it seems to snow there.. my question is, how likely is the highway to
be
closed, and if it does snow and stay open, how much will this affect my
journey?

Also, I'm hiring a car in LA (we're doing a 3 week trip going out as far
as
SLC) and I need to get some snow chains. Just need them to last three
weeks.. anyone got a suggestion about where to buy some cheap ones?

Here is a nice website with pics of the trip across Nevada on
interstate 80..

http://members.usol.com/%7Eargentina97/i801w.html

nate

Looks good.. let s hope they are that clear when I hit them in December..