Old August 11th 03, 10:18 PM
lal_truckee

Default DIN Chart - Atomic - Where can I find one?

Walt wrote:

Ivan Rafn wrote:

"Christopher Luke"

Anyone know where I can find a DIN chart for my Atomic 6.14 bindings?

You can have a copy of mine. DIN is supposed to be a universal standard, so
the make of the bindings shouldn't matter.

Personally, I'd advise against taking the advice of anyone clueless
enough to post a binary to a non-binary usenet group. In any case, the
chart is pretty much worthless without the instructions.

My other piece of advice is to get ahold of a DIN chart (lal's link
http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/din.html is pretty good) and calculate
your DIN. Remember it! Everybody should know their DIN, especially if
they ever rent skis.

But there's more to adjusting a binding than just setting the DIN to the
number on the indicator. The important part is *testing* the binding at
the calculated DIN setting to make sure it releases the way it's
supposed to. Since it's very unlikely that you have the test equipment
in your garage, the easiest thing to do is to take your skis to a shop
where they have the test equipment to do it right.

I'm sure he has the proper equipment.

Here's the process; Set the DIN; select from your calibrated cadaver set
a properly sized cadaver; insert cadaver's foot in your boot; insert
boot in binding; wrap strap wrench around cadaver's calve; attach torque
wrench to strap wrench; torque until release, or cadaver's tibia
spirals; if tibia spiraled, lower DIN setting one notch, get fresh
cadaver, repeat process.

Re-stock cadaver collection from Igor's Calibrated Cadaver Bargain
Basement - known as ICCBB to the initiate.