Old February 10th 06, 03:13 PM

" cupra" wrote in message
Ace wrote:
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:02:41 -0000, " cupra"
wrote:

Norman wrote:

Was on a chairlift in Morzine last week trying to work out the
boarder/skier ratio. It was easy to do as generally, all the people
moving were skiers and all the people boarding were sat down
somewhere in the middle of the piste.
It was roughly around 20:1.

It's opposite off piste where the real fun is

Rubbish.

Tongue in cheek - hence the smiley!

When doing serious off-piste routes, it's quite rare to see
boarders, as there tends to be at least a bit of poleing, long
traverses and flat terrain. I know a few guys that would be happy
doing this sort of thing on boards, but the vast majority that you see
slightly off-piste don't tend to venture much further afield.

I was seriously looking at a split board myself the other day in Banff
before my better half reminded me we're about to buy a Rayburn!

What's wrong with an Aga?