Old February 25th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Default vacation spots

hey now,

Brighton is a good choice but you may also be able to find
some reasonable accomodations in Kimball Jct. and then go
to the Canyons. The Holiday Inn had some decent prices when
I was last there (2 years ago) and I have also found some
good deals at Powderwood condos. Canyons of course will run
more than Brighton (probably about 35 more) but it is huge
and you'll have the 'advantage' of being able to go into
Park City at night. I know both Holiday Inn and Powderwood
have shuttle connections to all 3 resorts in the Park City
area, I do not know the status of the shuttle after dark as
we had a car.

One advantage of Brighton is if you are there when an
avalanche closes the road in - you get the place to yourself
assuming they have the mountain in safe shape too.

Mike

ps - you might also consider going to Big Sky - they have
a lot of very long/wide blues but don't expect much in the
way of night life. Great mountain though!

Another place to look at is Alpine Meadows, Squaw and
Homewood (very cheap) in north Lake Tahoe. Flights are
generally pretty cheap into Sacramento and there is a
place called Granlibakken (sp?) I've stayed at for ok
price and a tremendous breakfast spread (I mean hot
kitchen prepared food for buffet).