Old January 13th 05, 07:16 AM
Jeremy Mortimer

(The Older Gentleman) wrote in
news:1gqaj1d.inlh6n1ndcix5N%chateauSPAMKILL.murray @dsl.pipex.com:

Jeremy Mortimer wrote:

(Abairsty) wrote in
:

Driving down to Avoriaz(from Calais) later in the season.
Any help on suitable places for an over night Hotel stop..approx 4-5
hours from calais.
Many thanks

The Cheval Blanc in Langres has a good restaurant and is in roughly the
right area. We use it on trips UK-Geneva.

I think I've eaten there. Is that the one with a Michelin rosette?

I don't recall. It's down a rather narrow side street in the middle of
town, with steps up to the entrance (you'll easily find a picture of it if
you google). The building is a medieval convent, and some of the rooms have
rather nice gothic arches in the walls, but you wouldn't have seen that if
you just ate there.

As I said, a very nice restaurant. We most recently stayed there on the way
back from the UK after Christmas, and it was full of Brits heading the
other way after, presumably, skiing for the Christmas week. Nice to live in
the Alps!

Jeremy