Old January 12th 05, 05:13 PM
MoonMan

Roy wrote:
"Abairsty" wrote in message
Driving down to Avoriaz(from Calais) later in the season.
Any help on suitable places for an over night Hotel stop..approx 4-5
hours from calais.
Many thanks

We night-stopped in Troyes - but that was after a long UK leg plus
using the ferry from Dover. Dijon is a much better idea if you must,
or particularly want to, break up the journey. I have driven to the
Megeve / Chamonix area a few times now and have no qualms about doing
it in one, especially after using the tunnel - it is so smooth, fast
and convenient that it is well worth the extra money. Having said
that, if you book well in advance it costs pretty much the same as
the ferry.

How far in advance do you have to book? I have yet to see a price less than
double the ferry!

--
Chris *:-)

Downhill Good, Uphill BAD!