Old November 17th 03, 02:54 PM
Walt

Default Ski Lessons in Houston?

mark wrote:

During my stint as a ski instructor I encountered a lot of people who had
used various artificial ski slopes for their first skiing experience. Very
few (if any) of them seemed to have any significant advantage over the
people who had their first skiing experience on real snow.

But were they any better than someone who has never skied at all?

I think that's the relevant question - is an artificial slope any help
at all for someone who's never been on skis before? Or is it just a
waste of time and money?

I don't think anybody's arguing that an artificial slope is a *better*
way to learn.

--
//-Walt
//