Old November 17th 03, 01:47 PM
Walt

Default Ski Lessons in Houston?

Christopher Mooney wrote:

I will be making a trip from my little town in Northwest Arkansas to
the big old city of Houston, Texas at Thanksgiving this year, and
seeing as how the family has planned our very first ski trip in March,
I am interested in getting hooked up with some begginer's lessons.
What I was wanting to know was whether anyone knew of places in
Houston that offer the "giant moving belt" classes that I have heard
offered in places larger than my hometown?

I don't know that these conveyor-belt training thnigies will teach you
anything useful. I imagine it's like learning to ride a bicycle by going
to the gym and using one of those stationary exercise bicycles. It
might tone up some muscles, but you'll still fall over the first time
you get on a real bike.

Real snow an a real hill is the only way to learn to ski. It's OK if
the snow is made from snow guns and the hill is small, but the only way
to learn how to do it is to actually do it. Simulations won't cut it.

There's a small hill near Kansas City about three hours from your town.
Go there for a weekend and take some lessons.

--
//-Walt
//