Old January 3rd 16, 04:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

Default What are best conditioning exercises?

On Saturday, January 2, 2016 at 12:06:27 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Here in the Midwest, no appreciable snow yet. I need to get in condition so when we finally do get some snow, I am in halfway decent shape. Usually I get in a few scattered skiing days to get in shape, but with no snow so far, no conditioning. What are some good conditioning exercises that don't need any snow?

If you belong to a gym, the leg press, and quad and hamstring extension machines might be good bets.

Doing that stuff one year, I was able to become one of these people who can squat down over their skis so they're like a midget, in order to lower air resistance and keep speed up on a flatter section. And then stand up straight again without passing out.

Dave