Old May 6th 13, 03:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Pilot "Sport" Classic Binding?

Isn't the Propulse for skate? Which boots do you have? If the boots
fit, I think any classical binding can be used. What counts is the
flexor. Classical = 85(?) or may want to go one stiffer. I may still
have some around.

Gene

On Sun, 5 May 2013 13:24:22 -0700 (PDT)
Jon wrote:

I need bindings for new roller skis and am totally confused at what
Salomon now offers for classic. The least expensive option is
actually a "Sport" pilot binding that looks a lot like the skate
binding (rigid piece that connects to second bar).

People have described a kevlar strap as part of the race classic
pilot binding, but this version looks like it doesn't have that (so
might actually be an improvement for roller-skiing). I have one pair
pilot, one pair old-style profil classic boots--ideally I'd like to
be able to use either, depending on how much ankle support I find I
need.

Then there's the Propulse, which people say can only be used with
newer pilot soled boots--though it's not clear why. Then there's
old-style pilot (which, unfortunately, is actually out of stock from
my discount source).

Any advice appreciated.

Jon