Old January 13th 09, 12:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
sonic

Default question about balance / jumping

hello,
i am trying to figure out what to tweak, to get perfect balance while
jumping. For some reason when i jump (im goofy) my rear foot starts
coming
to the front making me land out of balance with the board not
straight,
but tilted sideways a little.

i've been boarding for 9 years and feel comfortable getting down any
slope, but i feel the need to always carve.. whenever i ride flat
forward,
seems like my rear foot tries to go forward putting me off balance.
this
becomes a lot more obvious when i hit a jump. seems like my body is
trying
to straighten it self to face forward instead of sideways...

i am thinking maybe its my bindings angle.. currently they're at a
small
outward angle \ / .. evenly distributed at about 10 on the little
dial.