Old February 6th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss

Default Ski Binding Question

"MoonMan" wrote in message
Ace wrote:
On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:05:29 -0000, in
, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

"Roger Moss" wrote in message

"Matt T" wrote in message
Agreed. Usual ski-tech questions centre on height, weight and
ability - i.e. aggressive or leisurely approach. Obviously, weight
is a key factor here.

I've never understood why. My bones don't get any thicker or
stronger just because I may put on weight!

But the amount of pressure you're putting through the bindings does.
for example, a 20-stone man would just pop out of bindings set on 5 as
soon as he tried to edge even the gentlest turn, whereas a 5-stone
6-year-old might never release them on the same setting in even the
hardest twisting fall.

Also remember that boot sole length has a big effect on din setting, and
though it seems counter intuitive the bigger your feet, the lower your DIN
setting

--

Chris *:-)

Elementary physics agrees with you - think of the boot base/sole as the
lever, so the shorter it is for an applied force...

RM
www.mountainpassions.com - an Online Magazine with Altitude.