Old January 29th 04, 11:53 AM
CC

Default Burton Mission Dark review.......Thffft....

Boy, my opinion of Burton keeps sliding south.

So you like the toe strap? So do I! Not a Burton idea, check out:
http://www.technine.com/html/toestrap.html

Purchased a pair of Burton Mission Darks for my son this year as he
outgrew his original bindings.
At first, I was impressed with the engineering. But since the bindings have:
Snapped a strap
Lost the "FLAD" (Back stop)

Just what is the purpose of a locking back stop any ways?

My Tech Nine's had problems with the hardware last year, in particular
the nuts that held the ankle straps would work loose.

My wife's Drake F-50's seem to be fairing well, but one of the screws on
the front ankle strap worked loose once.

The best seems to be my sons old Arcane step in bindings. They utilized
two half moons that the rider twists into. The only reason he does not
use them anymore is he outgrew them. Too bad the company went south.

Later,

Chris