Old January 18th 12, 10:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Ben Kaufman

Default How weird is to nap in a touring center?

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:19:01 -0800 (PST), Jon wrote:

Tired, and goaded by friends, I laid down on a bench in front of the
fire place at Trapps and took a nap (with a book on my stomach as a
visual aid). How weird does that look?

Here's weird. A while back, I had a bad crash on ice and received a small cut to
the bridge of my nose, which I was not aware of. After skiing I went to the
lodge for a snack before heading home. When I got into my car and looked at the
rear view mirror I was startled by the dried blood on my face, which no one
said a word to me about it in the lodge.

Ben