Old September 2nd 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Phil Rhodes

Default Summer glacier skiing?

Of course, the best skiing is in Chile or New Zealand, but if you don't want
to travel that far in August, Mt Hood in Oregon has a great snowfield to ski
on (no it's not a glacier, but then, it's not moving either). Spend the nite
at Timberline Lodge, which is a relic from the past in itself.
http://www.timberlinelodge.com/

"DZN" wrote in message
news
I just (late August) came back from Norway where I was near, but did not go
to where I could ski on a glacier. I didn't have much time and assumed it
would be lousy skiing (ice in the morning slush by midday). Has anyone
skied on a glacier in the summer there or Whistler Blackcomb or else where?
How was it?