Old December 21st 05, 02:59 AM

Dell, You're quite enthusiastic. Babikov did wonderfully in Canmore
and appears to have a bright future, but fastest Russian at the World
Cups, I think not. In Canada, Novikov and Alypov posted as good if not
better results overall, and the top two Russians until proven
otherwise, Vassili Rotchev and Eugeni Dementiev, didn't make the trip.
Let's give Babikov the chance to earn the acclaim you offer in Europe.

Gene

"delltodd" wrote:

JT,

I know your joking. Villneuve, who runs that team, said that Babikov
showed up on his doorstep 2 yrs ago in rags. The truth is, I am sure,
that he was VERY grateful for the new team, support & gear from both
teams (Factory Team), well all 3 teams now (Canadian Dev Team). Can
you imagine leaving Russia, your wife & child, and your national
development program - in rags - to come to North American to chase
your nordic dream ...and 2 yrs on he is the fastest Russian at the
World Cups ? Thoroughly inspiring.

Cyrus, Thanks for that input - are you friends w/Ivan ?

Dell