Old July 7th 14, 07:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Can June Mt survive anothe season?

On Monday, July 7, 2014 9:47:30 AM UTC-7, pigo wrote:
On Monday, July 7, 2014 10:04:35 AM UTC-6, Richard Henry wrote:

I just saw a news report about that last week. It looks like while the rich men argue about who owns what, the skiers will be kept off the mountain. Or maybe they will require everyone to buy two lift tickets.

Like it or not, big business is run by companies that rely on contracts and law to set guidelines for operation and profit. pcmr just plain ****ed up AND tried to manipulate a situation that was already far in their favor. What would you have Talisker do? Who the **** cares about pcmr anyway? It's snobored hell. Deer Valley will continue to be the best _ski area_ in the country and has access to all that terrain. Let's just hope that they can keep a portion of it boredfree.

I understand that PCMR screwed up by not renewing their lease on time. I also am not surprised that it took over three years to get a final eviction notice signed (and I wonder how that will be enforced). I am just hoping that some compromise comes about so that the resort continues to operate, even if the existing lifts have to cross a sort of DMZ between the two properties that now exist.

Would we have PCMR employees loading at the bottom, and Vail/Canyons employees unloading at the top? Will there be a protocol for handing off rescue toboggans at the boundary (or worse, would the rescuee have to change toboggans?)?

The world wonders.