Old July 7th 14, 04:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Can June Mt survive anothe season?

On Monday, July 7, 2014 6:42:48 AM UTC-7, pigo wrote:
On Sunday, July 6, 2014 9:46:29 PM UTC-6, Richard Henry wrote:

McCoy built Mammoth on sweat equity, local bank loans, and flexible financing from lift manufacturers. What I always saw as symbolic of the Intrawest corruption was when the MBAs starting renaming the lifts, so Chair 3 became Face Lift Express. Some of us old farts stick with tradition - Gold Rush Express is till Chair 10 to me, even though it is a different lift, starting lower and ending higher than the classic Chair 10.

I don't know if you guys have been following park ****ty's tribulations lately. They didn't renew their lease. A sweetheart deal. And then did something like forge a renewal agreement and got caught? I don't remember exactly. What it boils down to is that they seem to be on the verge of being evicted from most of the property outside the base area.

Bwaaaahahahahaha.....that cracks me up.

I just saw a news report about that last week. It looks like while the rich men argue about who owns what, the skiers will be kept off the mountain. Or maybe they will require everyone to buy two lift tickets.