Old July 7th 14, 03:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Can June Mt survive anothe season?

On 7/6/14 7:20 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
http://monocounty.ca.gov/sites/defau...04-13-2014.pdf

I wonder how they'd be doing if they were still a ski mountain instead
of a real estate debt servicing operation.
As the biggest of the town of Los Angeles' local ski hills they did well
for decades. It wasn't til they went corporate bananas chasing the MBA
will-o-the-wisp that they fell on hard times. Unfortunately their
attitude invested the whole town and dragged it into the pit.

I recommend Hal Clifford's book Downhill Slide: Why the Corporate Ski
Industry is Bad for Skiing, Ski Towns, and the Environment