Old December 20th 04, 07:21 PM
MattB

VtSkier wrote:
MattB wrote:

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

As the subject of "good skis" came up ...

What would you look for in a pair of all-mountain skis?

A very subjective thing, like selecting a "good" bike. I haven't
bought a new pair of Alpine skis in a few years, but in the past I've
liked my K2s and Salomons the best. I had some Dynastars back when the
4x4 was the next big thing. I think I got about 30 days out of them
and one of them broke in half on a rock. Now, there was some serious
pilot error involved, but I think my Salomons may have survived the
same hit.

Doubt it, foam core you know.

Yeah, I know. It just feels sturdier than other foam core skis I've
skied. Could be an illusion, and I'm not ready to test my Super
Mountain's ability to withstand abuse. That being said, they've taken
some hard hits and have stood up well for several years now.

snip

Matt (now fully recovered from my belief that the Rossignol 4M would
never be topped)

4M? The greatest was actually the 4S.

Well, I was a dedicated bump skier in college, so I went for the 4M. I
started on a pair of 4S's and then had three consecutive pairs of 4Ms
after that. The stiffer tail was nice if things started to get away from
me a little in the big n' nasty stuff (like USSA bump courses).

The 80's style paint splatter graphics were just the icing on the cake!
Although white is the stupidest color a ski can come in - I've wasted
some time I could have been skiing powder looking for my stupid white
ski before. Marketing strikes again!

Matt