Old December 20th 04, 06:58 PM
Mary Malmros

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
This is very much why I'm asking the question I'm asking. I don't want to
have a quiver full of skis, or even more than one pair. I just want to step
into my bindings in the morning and be able to do whichever runs look
tastiest, which could be anything from a nice steep groomer to (widely spaced
right now) trees to a nice long mogul run .... or even powder, although it
still confounds me and I've yet to get into a lesson on a powder day before
all the runs were already tracked out.

Me, I'd like world peace, and a car that won't lose traction on ice at
50 MPH. Think I'm gonna get it? ;-)

You probably know the tradeoffs already, or most of them. If you get a
softer ski for moguls, it'll feel squishy at high speeds on hardpack.
If you get shorties, you'll lose some float in powder. Et cetera. I'm
not gonna get world peace, and you're not gonna get a ski that will
perform optimally in all conditions. If you're in love with moguls,
then optimize for that, and accept the tradeoffs when you're skiing
somewhere else.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.