Old November 12th 03, 04:24 AM
Mitch Collinsworth

Default Working on V2, comparisons with V1, V1A...

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Dell Todd wrote:

Regarding the "V1A" etc, get this. At the Aalberg clinic I was getting
schooled on my timing. JA said I wasn't doing V2. I said "Whattya mean
?! I am stroking once per side, what AM I doing ?"

"Double V1 I guess then."

(If I can try to describe) It was a timing issue. I wasn't pausing the
pole plant after placing my ski down. I was putting my pole & ski down
simultaneously ON EACH SIDE. Like a V1. Sorta like a V2.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but anyone who has done any
beginner skate coaching has seen the double V1 re-invented many times
over. Not everyone does it, but it's a frequent beginner mistake.

My favorite remedy is the old Bill Koch video, or if a VCR isn't handy,
my best immitation of the way Bill teaches the different timings in
the video.

-Mitch