Old October 3rd 03, 06:09 PM
Jason Watkins

Default helmet recommendations

Definately go try on in a store. Every helmet fits differently. I too
have a Boeri head, but even with the same brand, different helmets
have different fits.

I got a Boeri Kameleon. It's the lightest helmet I tried on, and has
removable ear flaps, etc, which should be nice for late spring/summer
riding here. The look is more racer than punk.

Keep in mind that most helmets that are actually designed to take a
hard hit are designed to only do it once. The styrofoam will crush and
the plastic will crack. There are a few helmets out there that are
rated for multiple impacts, but I'd still be wary.