Old February 10th 05, 09:01 AM
mutley

"Steve Pardoe" wrote in message "Le Dieu" wrote in message

...Should skis be stored for long periods with bindings open or closed?

I'm assuming 'closed' means, as if you're boot was in it.
Does it matter? Anything else I should know?
...and what's the comparable answer regarding ski boots? We've been

told to
store them (as in, for 51 weeks) with the clasps fastened - is this right,
and how tightly (and does it matter?)?

The only advice I have read about boots is that the linings should be
removed every night while skiing to make sure they dry out properly: no-one
does this where hot-air ski racks are provided and it's a right pain to get
them back in on some makes.
As for bindings, it's suggested that they are wound back to zero and then
back up to the required setting before each trip, apparently to make sure
that the tension setting has not stuck.
In both cases I would have thought that the most important thing was to
store in a dry atmosphere -- garages may not be the best location.
HTH
mutley