Old February 9th 05, 09:35 PM
John Elgy

Le Dieu wrote:
...Should skis be stored for long periods with bindings open or closed? I'm
assuming 'closed' means, as if you're boot was in it.

Does it matter? Anything else I should know?

TIA

A. D.

A friend of of mine once went to a ski shop where they said the bindings
were to be screwed back to a zero setting 'to stop the springs creeping'
(I was unaware of creep happening on steel), but of course, come the
fateful day his binding just exploded half way down a black run - no one
had done them up again. After a lot of searching we managed to rebuild
the binding. We learnt a few lessons that day:

1/ Check your equipment before setting off for the day. In particular,
make sure no one has fiddled with it without you noticing.

2/ Always have at least a screw driver with you.

3/ When you take your skis off, black runs are suprisingly steep.

BTW I just store my skis with the bindings set just as I stepped out of
them (which is probably wrong) and my boots lightly done up.

John