Old September 12th 16, 05:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Toller[_3_]

Default Used skis?I

I am looking at a pair of used ski that are about 40% of the same new skis. The seller says he has repaired all damage and sharpened them, but cautions they won't have as much edge left as new skis and may be a bit softer from use.

I like the price and don't care about the edges; I probably won't be using them too long anyhow. But what about the flex? They are about two notches above my present skis, so a tad softer than new is okay, but I don't want something soggy. No, I can't try them first, and I understand you haven't seen them; but does this seem like a fair bet? (don't expect a sure thing; just a fair bet)