Old April 3rd 15, 03:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default You'll never believe how Schattie describes himself!!

On 04/03/2015 01:38 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 18:00:22 -0700 (PDT), Eviel Dewar
wrote this crap:

Usenet predated the WWW by over a decade.

True story. I remember when the www was only text. Before http came
along. Usenet was already old.

By the time Trunky came along in 1995 or 1996, Usenet was
already losing ground to the web, which was new then.

I remember when you had to telnet on the web. Bev was probably only
ancient back then.

:-)

Did you mean 'ancient' as in 'no other qualities' or 'the only
grown-up'? Precision is just SOOOO important.

My first post to usenet was in 1994. Shell account through either
Caltech or the UC's freenet. Gopher, Veronica, etc. Company gave me a
private phone line so I could use Mosaic to test out the website that
some guys were trying to sell them. Running on the Apple in the
conference room it was lovely and fast. Running via the net on an
ordinary computer over an ordinary phone line it looked OK but took the
usual minutes-per-page to load.

Life was a lot simpler then.

--
Cheers, Bev
...so few snipers, so many politicians...