Old November 9th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
jw[_2_]

Default best construction materials?

In article ,
jw wrote:

Directional -- binding center 2cm back(?)
Wood core
Kevlar strips/sheets...other plastics (?)
Maybe a Titanium sheet (???)
Torsion bar type materials (?)
Cap topsheet (like Santa Cruz's "Step Cap")
Wrap around edges
Steel (aluminum?) tip inserts
P-Tex 5000 sintered base (whatever the fastest is)
Other???

btw, add carbon fibre to the list. I'll post more specific dimensions
and potential materials list.

No need to contribute info, or whatever, just like to bounce ideas off
fellow snowboarders. I have associates in engineering, riding, testing,
etc.

Just a fun side-project that could take years...no timeline and no
money-making venture (unless I get lucky!).

Thanks!

-jw
--
rise snowboards inc.