Old February 9th 06, 07:55 PM

Mike wrote:

For a beginner to intermediate skier looking for a one day midweek trip
from NYC, which of the above areas are the best?

Speaking from one weekend's expirence:

Haven't been to Hunter, so all I can say is to repeat the rumor that
it's steeper and more crowded than the other two. Of the other two I'd
vote for Windham - Good mix of terrain, although nothing really steep.
If you were going on a weekend, I'd make the opposite recomendation,
since Windham gets ridiculously crowded on weekends.

Belleayre's entire mountain is rather bowl shaped - steep at the top,
moderate in the middle, flat at the bottom. This means that there
aren't any real easy top to bottom cruisers, you have to navigate the
top 200' of vertical which is steep and may be too much for the skier in
question. There are two long green top to bottom trails but they're
rather flat and don't connect to the mid mountain blues.

//Walt