Old December 16th 05, 01:27 AM

I've added features each season, so I'm not sure how long the
anti-snipe has been there. But quite possibly not since the beginning.

I've tried to post most things to end at reasonable time. Usually on
items where the anti-snipe comes into play it just gives each of 2-3
people a final chance to outbid the other. It rarely goes too late. On
many items it isn't used at all. But if you're worried about getting
sniped, it will prevent that.

There was one case only where it went late, and one party was on the
east coast. Since nothing else was effected anymore I actually extended
it overnight to be fair to the one on the east coast.

But even if you don't stay on the computer all the time, you need to
check once every couple hours if there is a final bid war. You get
email, so all you need to do is take a quick look and see if you've
been outbid. Or use the auto-bid thing and set a maximum.