Old January 14th 10, 06:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
jeff potter

Default More Start Grip Tape report: slips above 35F

I tried the tape last winter and liked it. But I guess I didn't try it
on a warm day.

Today I tried it when it was, like, 34-35F and it had NO GRIP at all!
Rats!

I was thinking it would be great for long ski-tour days when I start
at cold below freezing and end up in the sunny warm afternoon. But it
looks like NO. I mean, from what I read it might hang in there until
JUST that 34 mark. But who wants to worry about that?

I'm also noticing the remarks about the Rex Tape -- they have a warm
and cold. I wonder if that's better.

I might do a big day this weekend. It'll be icy and start at, like,
25F and end at 35F.

--JP