Old January 29th 04, 06:38 AM
Jason Watkins

Default 180s

You can practice this without jumping (actually I suggest you practice
it, because it will help train you to avoid catching your edges). Go
down a slope for like 5 feet and half twist you shoulders in the
direction of rotation while still riding straight. Then without
counter-rotating (i.e. twisting your hips and shoulders in opposite
direction) slowly spin 90 degree like a skidding toeside turn, then
untwist your shoulders and look up the hill (oppo and you should see
you hips will not "counter-rotate" and you board will swing the
remaining 90 degrees, ride for a full second (count to one one
thousand) this part is a little tough (riding blind) but it's key, and
then finally turn your head and shoulder to look down the hill without
turning your board.

Ok, can you go through this again, I'm having a really hard time
visualizing it and it sounds damn interesting.

PS, saw a picture you posted over on the catek forums... that looks
like timberline in the summer. Did you do the high cascade camp or
windells or something? Whoever that is in the picture, they look ready
for the cover of transworld. If that's you, damn you know what you're
talking about.