Old January 16th 06, 09:39 PM

as wrote:
What are the good places where our 14 year old can go off safely with
the instructor for a lesson and learn comfortably?
Do we need to invest in semi-private / private lessons or are group
lessons fine?

We are planning to spend 2-3 days (weekdays, not weekends) on the
slopes and some of the places being considered are Sierra at Tahoe and
Heavenly (expensive?);

No one at our home knows how to ski and we will appreciate any
suggestions that you can pass on;

Thank you,
AS

Diamond Peak would be a great place to learn - it's small, not that
crowded, MUCH less expensive than the larger resorts, very friendly
people & less intimidating. Plus, the view from the top is incredible
for others in the party.