Old January 16th 06, 09:18 PM

"as" wrote in message
oups.com...
What are the good places where our 14 year old can go off safely with
the instructor for a lesson and learn comfortably?
Do we need to invest in semi-private / private lessons or are group
lessons fine?

We are planning to spend 2-3 days (weekdays, not weekends) on the
slopes and some of the places being considered are Sierra at Tahoe and
Heavenly (expensive?);

No one at our home knows how to ski and we will appreciate any
suggestions that you can pass on;

Thank you,
AS

We've been to Lake Tahoe, but never during ski season, even though we're
avid skiers. I came across a website http://www.skilaketahoe.com/ that
seems to cover all the areas, and they have a place where you can ask
questions.

If your 14yo is of the male variety, you may want to consider a
snow-boarding lesson as well, as that sport is hugely popular, especially
among young people.

I can't be more specific, but we did visit Heavenly two summers ago and it
offers a lot of varied terrain. Its in-town location may or may not be a
plus, but it opens up your loding possibilities. All ski areas offer
packages, with lifts, equipment rental, and lessons being a common
combination. The lodging can be packaged too, and for a midweek trip it
might be relatively inexpensive.

have fun!