Old February 14th 05, 11:02 PM
Sammy

Snorer wrote:
Recent flight to Geneva with easyjet one of my party wanted to carry

on a
boot bag. Was told that it could be used as a weapon and was refused.

don't know why he wanted to any way I would have thought it was more

trouble
than it was worth.

Snorer.

Easyjet do not know if they are coming or going:

On a recent flight from Geneva I was ~5kg overweight on check-in and
the easyjet guy suggested I carry my boot bag on board. No problem, it
was a good solution. He didn't seem to think I could or would use my
boots as a weapon.

On another easyjet flight from Geneva I was sitting in the front row
(but not the emergency exit row - that is next to the galley) and I was
asked not to place my fleece on the floor behind my feet. Fair enough.
But I did not want them to put the fleece in the racks either (I
wanted it to hand). I suggested that I would put the fleece round my
shoulders as a compromise. This was unacceptable to the cabin-boy as
they "need to show consistency [in enforcing their rules]". So I put
my fleece back on. This seemed to be OK, no-one lost face, procedures
were followed but I was just a bit warmer than I'd've liked.

Turns out that this particular overly officious strangely-orange-tanned
easyjet cabin-boy was fresh out of training and had absolutely no
common sense. He spent the rest of the flight making mistakes (with
much more serious implications than a loose fleece on the floor) and
bad-mouthing BA in front of the passengers. He also proudly announced
we'd arrived 15 minutes before schedule when his cabin clock was 5
minutes slow, the aircraft still had to taxi for 10 minutes and another
5 minutes passed before the doors were finally opened and we were
released to walk 15 minutes to get to passport control.

On yet another easyjet flight the senior cabin-boy (with an
inappropriately spikey haircut for his age) asked that people turn off
their phones "as there is a high concentration of fuel vapour in the
cabin before take off and mobile phones could ignite it". I think he'd
had too many pro-plus or red bulls, this was the 4th or 5th flight of
his shift.

Sammy