Old May 14th 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Eugene Miya

Default Why only ski Europe?

In article ,
wrote:
Ace wrote:
wrote:
Montana - Big Sky - here are
*Longest Run*
Liberty Bowl to Mountain Mall - 6 miles

Hehe. You really think that's long?

You really think that's long?

The Rockies:
Obtuse. Plenty of tree skiing. Plenty of powder skiing. You can ski
more powder in a single day in the Rockies than you can in a season in
the Alps.

The Alps:
Acute, and glaciated. Steep. Vertiginous. Rare to find easy
conditions off-piste.

Say what?
You must only being talking about the USA. The Canadian Rockies are
also glaciated.

If I was taking a girlfriend skiing I would choose the Rockies. If I
was skiing for my own pleasure, I would choose the Alps.

She wouldn't be into St Moritz, Zermatt, nor Davos?

If distance is your criterion, the area of the large enchained resorts
in the Alps is huge in comparison to the ones in the Rockies.

The people I know see skiing as a way to get around in winter. Resort
is a tourist concept. That's part of what off piste is about.

--

Looking for an H-912 (container).