Old January 30th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
VtSkier

Default Loctite OK on K2 inserts?

lal_truckee wrote:
Bob Lee wrote:
So I'm thinking you should be fine putting Loctite in yours.

Traditionally a drop of wood glue was put in each hole before screws
were inserted - held securely and was pretty harmless - easy to remove
when required, as well. Also sealed the hole against moisture.

I think Bob's answer is the right one. I would just add that
one should find out what flavor of LockTite K2 prefers. This
is, after all, a machine screw.

Snowboard bindings also come with a dab of blue LockTite
applied, but you are warned to use only the same kind of
LockTite because some varieties are harmful to materials
used in manufacture.