Old January 19th 10, 08:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

Default 3 Valleys Opening date

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:18:22 -0000, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find out what dates the lifts which connect
Meribel/Mottaret to Courcheval and Val Thorens open?

This year they opened on 12th December, and I was told that this was 1 week
earlier than usual. Can anyone confirm if this is correct.

I think they just open as soon as there's enough snow, although
clearly not before teh main areas aer themselves open :-)

(We had a very good weeks skiing 13-18 December.)

Cool. It's been pretty good in Switzerland too, from the end of
November onwards. Regular moderate snowfalls rather than big dumps,
for the most part, with only one spell, IIRC, of above-zero
temperatures since that time. That's in Engelberg, but I think is
typical of other resorts in mid-Switzerland.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/